Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Let's all go to Asgard!


 Greetings and salutations all you awesome night owls out there! I'm the always bubbly critic TheCinemaChick and if I get a bit goofier than usual, blame the cold medicine. Yes, I came down with a doozy of a cold and have been fighting it for a few days. However, this isn't about me or my illness, this is about the newly released teaser trailer for “Thor The Dark World”. Joining me for this commentary will be the oft neglected Kit Kat. While I dust her and make her all shiny again, lets let her reintroduce herself.

Why thank you CinemaChick. ‘Alo all you people out there. CinemaChick and I decided it was time for my triumphant return to her movie reviewing blog. I can honestly say that I can’t wait to get rolling.

As I mentioned, this will be all about our reactions to the trailer. Having seen “Avengers” (in this case, I basically forced her to see it one night and honestly, who hasn't seen it?), you know this is going to pick up where that left off. So, we know that Thor took Loki back to Asgard. Now we must find out what has happened to Loki. Stop me if I'm wrong, but he goes back into the same prison he was in during “Avengers” only know it's on a different planet and underground. Yeah...what's stopping him from getting out?

Well, in any case, I’m glad you “made” me see it. It was a great movie. And again, good point. I think back to the pintrest pin talking about how there is no possible way for a psychopath to escape from a glass prison. I guess people never learn do they?

You know what, let's get to that part last because there's one crucial thing to touch on with that. For now, let's look at Malekith, Thor, Asgard...and Jane. Interesting tidbit, When the first director left the project, Portman wanted to quit but she is is bound by contracts to see this through. I would have been fine with this because in the films, Jane Foster adds nothing. Her main use is for the romantic angle as shown in the trailer when Thor basically kidnaps her and puts her in danger. Does she live? Does she die? Who knows.

Yes, I noticed that as well from the trailer. While I’m not a fan of the damsel in distress motif, I can understand how it’s useful. But really, Jane is on a plane where bad things aren’t happening. Then Thor shows up and takes her to a place where she is in mortal danger. And this helps keep her safe…how? And you love this chick eh?

And it seems everyone's back in this film, however, Josh Dallas will now be playing Fandral, or as I liked to call him Laughing Boy. That's right, all your rarely seen, barely mentioned characters are back in this sequel. Darcy comes back, along with Sif, Frigga and Odin. From what I've heard, those characters have been fleshed out a bit more so we get to know them better. Hey, Darcy came back, so there's a huge perk. And I hope she brought her taser with her this time. But of course, most of this not even two minute trailer is spent focusing on Thor.

Pretty much all the voice overs in this footage are by Thor. He grabs her brings her back, there’s a slight bit of relationship drama they try and shove in but that’s not important because then we get what we all came for anyway, the actiony bits. Thor saying they must do something about this tragedy and all that jazz. But, of course, as TheCinemaChick mentioned, Jane Foster is pretty much useless save for getting taken by the baddy for Thor to save her. Though, isn’t stopping “the bad guy” what the movie is about anyway?

Speaking of the bad guys, let's discuss the best part of this little trailer. Guys...Loki is back. He is in what appears to be a giant glass cube underground. His hair has grown out and apparently, they do not believe in hair dryers and flat irons for prisoners. Seriously, was his punishment to be given a bad perm and stuck in the cube? While Tom Hiddleston is a drop dead gorgeous man with an equally sexy voice, I just...I can't. The hair bothers me so much. First of all, that's what my hair looked like on a daily basis (I chopped off 7 inches of hair this morning). Second, if you don't know who Tommy Wiseau is, look him up and compare him to this Loki. Yeah. I went there. Loki is trapped in a room looking like the man who made The Room.

Yes, here is where I again agree with CinemaChick. I actually was asked to watch the YouTube video Everything Wrong with The Room in 6 Minutes or Less. And yeah, it is that bad. Couldn’t they just…let him comb his hair out or something with a few guards present or something? Sure he’s dangerous but again…he’s in a glass cage under ground. Something which he has all ready escaped from once. Give the man hair care products.

Oh we both know there will be thousands of fangirls lining up to help him out. Me, well, we all know I too am in Loki's Army. However, until the man gets a flat iron, I refuse to fall in rank, whatever my rank is. I'm excited to see this, but I demand continuity! Don't just get it going and not explain how the bridge was fixed. Joss Whedon took the time to explain how Thor came to Earth in The Avengers, you can tell us why he got back this time. So, Kit Kat, what are you most looking forward to, other than Loki's impending shower?

I’m actually looking forward to seeing more interaction between Thor and Loki. Heck, he goes to his brother for help but also says that when Loki betrays him that he, Thor, will have to kill him. Means some serious stuff has gone down if that’s the best option you have. Seeing this trailer has honestly made me wanna see the first Thor movie as a way of getting even more background into these characters.

Also, let's talk about the amazing addition of Christopher Eccleston! He was my first Doctor and as far as I'm concerned, my favorite, with Matt Smith and Tom Baker in a very close second. I'm excited to see his role as the villain. The hotness in this movie is off the charts. Yes, I went there as well.

Hotness abounds and the fangirls will lap it all up. And even for those who aren’t Doctor Who fans (you should be ashamed of yourselves) Christopher Eccleston is an amazing actor in other roles like Gone in 60 Seconds and G.I. Joe. Plus the accent.

That's right. There you have it everyone. Thor The Dark World is destined to become another Marvel mega box office hit, just like Iron Man 3 is. All right Kit Kat, say farewell to the lovely folks.

So yes, my final verdict: Definitely going to see this movie. It’s got me interested and hooked. Time for a count-down till it’s opening in theaters. Thanks for the invite back to your blog CinemaChick. This is Kit Kat and I’m pumped for new movies.

I'm TheCinemaChick and you can find me at Harkins Southlake this Thursday for their Ultimate Iron Man Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment