Tuesday, February 1, 2011

TheCinemaChick joins forces with Fry!

Hello everyone, I'm your local movie reviewer, TheCinemaChick.  As you may have noticed by the title of this blog, I am joining forces with my buddy, Fry.  She's the one I see most of my movies with, even if we have to compromise on things at times.  See, Fry prefers the romantic comedies out there, while I love the obscure and odd.  For example, I was all for seeing Black Swan but she was apprehensive.  She did not enjoy it, but in all honesty, it's a psychological movie that you cannot take at face value.  You have to explore the deeper meanings.  Fry would rather see films like..."Life as We Know It" or "Valentine's Day".

Don't get me started on a Katherine Heigl rant.

I am glad that Fry is willing to see movies I prefer, but sometimes, I wish she would make things easier.  Like...I want to see Green Hornet, but she doesn't.  Therefore, she has to see a movie she doesn't want to see with me while I see a movie I don't want to see with her.

Though I am putting my foot down on one thing.  NO BREAKING DAWN!!
I will discuss my dislike of Twilight later.  I don't like Stephanie Meyer as an author, but I will admit, I have read all her books.  I only read "The Host" because I could borrow a copy of it for a report.  Saved myself about $20 there.

Well, I just wanted to let everyone know that Fry is now officially part of my crew and will be adding her comments in here from time to time.  If we're lucky, Butterfly will also join me and add his opinion as well.
Who knows, maybe I will create an army of cinema goers.

Expect me to return later today and do my review of Black Swan, that I've been promising for days.  Head's up, this one ain't for the kiddies.  It's intense, psychological and has moments of blatant sexuality that might make people uncomfortable.

I'm going to attempt to warm up since we have snow everywhere.  Thank you strange weather phenomenon.

Happy movie going from TheCinemaChick

No comments:

Post a Comment