Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Source Code

Hey everyone, it's your local, friendly neighborhood movie reviewer, TheCinemaChick.  Tonight, I'm going to discuss a movie I have been putting off.

I did see The Source Code a few days ago, but I just haven't wanted to review it.  I didn't want to see it and I was in a bad mood because Butterfly was pretty late.
Enough about my moodiness.

Overall, The Source Code wasn't terrible.  It was just...well...I didn't enjoy it.  The concept of sending someone to a parallel dimension in order to save lives is a neat idea, but the way it was in the film annoyed the hell out of me.  I mean, you see the same two scenes over and over and over.  It's either Jake Gyllenhall in a pod or Jake Gyllenhall on a train where he thinks he's one person but is seen as someone else.    The repetitive nature was what killed it for me.  I don't like songs that have the same chorus fifty times so I don't want to watch it in a movie.
Butterfly loved it.  I fell asleep periodically.  To each their own.  I just wouldn't recommend it.  If you like hardcore science fiction, then this would be for you.  I'm ok with science fiction but it isn't my favorite thing out there. For me, a lot of science is confusing and difficult, so movies like this don't agree with me.  I would watch any other movie (hell, I sat through The Last Airbender) but stuff like this, isn't my idea of fun.

If you enjoy films like this, by all means, go and see it.  Like I said, this wasn't my cup of tea.

Matinée would be the best option in my opinion.

I'm TheCinemaChick and I don't have much to say tonight.  I don't know how to describe the plot without giving it away entirely.  And since I didn't enjoy it, I don't want to make anyone else hate it.

I'm just a critic (amateur).

Tomorrow, Fry and I check out Hop, the quasi animated Easter themed flick with Russell Brand, Hugh Laurie and James Marsden.  Will it suck?  Is it mind blowingly awesome?
I'll find out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment