Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Woodworking

Hello everyone, I'm your friendly neighborhood movie reviewer, TheCinemaChick.

You're probably wondering what movie I'm going to talk about it today, well...I'm not.

I'm actually hoping to promote someone else, instead of going on and on and on about my lack of social life and how I spend more time than I should at the movie theater.  You know its bad when you spend so much time at the place that you decide you might as well work there.  I turned in an application last week.

As you can see by my title, I'm going to showcase some art.  It's all for sale and it's all handmade, which just makes it all the more awesome.  I've thought about taking a stab at it, but I'm too paranoid about losing a finger. It's like that with skiing too.  Don't want to break a bone.

Here's a link, so click it!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/glrivera2004?ref=pr_shop_more



The picture you see is a tree made from African Mahogany.  Pretty cool isn't it?  I wish I had some close up detailed shots of it, but I don't.  But I can say from first hand...viewing, I guess, that the detail is amazing.  I've watched all the pieces be made and seen how much work goes into every piece.

Wooden Cross Puzzle

And the Cross Puzzle, one of my personal favorites.  If you enjoy a good challenge, go for this.  I worked with it for about 45 minutes before getting a picture of where the pieces should go and I had to work for another 30 minutes before it was finished.  There are easier puzzles and some that are excellent for children.

So, what does TheCinemaChick think?
It's totally awesome.  I'd buy some...if I had the money.  Plus, I get to enjoy it on a daily basis.  I have a penguin and baby sitting on my TV.  I do love penguins.

need the link again?  Scroll up and click it.  Click away my reader!



And for those of you wondering that movie is next on my list...it's Paul.  Butterfly paid for my Suckerpunch ticket and  owe him.  I said pick any movie, I'd pay and he chose Paul.  This should be...*sigh*.

Well, I'm TheCinemaChick and I'm signing off for now.
From me and all my movie buddies, I bid you happy movie watching.

(And click the link!)

No comments:

Post a Comment