Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014: Looking Ahead

 Hey everyone, I'm known as TheCinemaChick and I am ready for 2014 to be a better year for films. As you know, 2013 didn't thrill me. So, let's look at some of the movies I plan to see this year and see what my predictions for them will be.


  • Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (January 3)
Ok, I couldn't care less about this franchise, but after reading a review of it online, I have to see it for the sheer ridiculousness of it. **Spoilers** Apparently, time travel is now involved, which discredits the series entirely. If you have to reach for that, just quit. I really think this is just getting tired. Every movie is the same, different characters. The fact that they now have time travel and dimension jumping makes me want to see it for lulz.



  • The Legend of Hercules (January 10)
First of all, I love Greek mythology and the story of Hercules is constantly messed up. This one looks like another generic movie but from what I've seen, it incorporates more of the supernatural aspect. I'm really hoping they bring in the gods more since those always seem to be left out entirely. Not sure why but it's always about the one character and nothing else or a love affair. Plus, Kellan Lutz in a leather man-skirt...doesn't hurt.



  • 300: Rise of an Empire (March 7)
  • Despite my utter dislike of Zack Snyder and his style, I did enjoy 300. From what I've seen, he is not at all involved with this film. It has a strong female lead, which might make things more interesting. This one will probably be just as bloody, just as long and just as draggy (by which I mean it seemed to go on forever) as the first one. Here's hoping it's better.


  • The Muppets Most Wanted (March 21)
  • Um, hello! The last movie was a complete success and it was loaded with good, clean humor. There were cameos galore which added a little something special to it. So far, I know that Tine Fey, Ricky Gervais and Tom Hiddleston will be in it. Oh, and can we talk about the trailer for a second? It shoes Hiddleston breaking a chain off his neck. Because I have a bit of a crush on him, I'm dying to know the context around it. But the Muppets are a mainstay from my childhood so seeing them come back to the big screen just make me incredibly happy.


  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April 4)
  • Try as he might, Chris Evans could not save the first film. It was long and very dry. His performance in The Avengers was a bit better, but will someone please get Captain America a sense of humor? He takes everything way too seriously and apparently doesn't know he has no earpiece when he contacts his allies. Watch The Avengers again and you'll see what I mean. Everyone else has Bluetooth looking things and he doesn't but is somehow still able to communicate with everyone. And we all know Bucky died in the first film but...he's back. I can't and won't say how or why. Why? Spoilers.


  • Godzilla (May 16)
  • Who doesn't love a good movie with a giant lizard wreaking havoc on a city? While I prefer the old claymation versions, the newer ones have their benefits. This one seems promising and the CGI helps the monster look even more terrifying. I'm game.


  • X-Men: Days of Future Past (May23)
  • Here we have the long awaited sequel to First Class. This one also involved time travel but in the Marvel Universe...it's like Doctor Who. Don't apply logic. In the comics, everyone dies, is resurrected, travels in space, meets aliens, goes to parallel dimensions...it's just a mess. If you've seen the end credit scene from The Wolverine, you know what this one will have. That's right, we will finally get to see Trask and his Sentinels. Could this be the end of out beloved mutants? I guess we'll have to wait and see, won't we? Though, we won't get to see much of Anna Paquin as Rogue, seeing as her role was severely reduced.


  • Maleficent (May 30)
  • Is this the first movie Disney has made that focuses on the villain? After so many years of bubbly, beautiful princesses, we finally get a film about a witch. While I don't like Angelina Jolie, I honestly cannot wait to see this one. It's dark, it's magic and its bound to have a good creepy factor.


  • The Hobbit: There and Back Again
  • Yeah, this one was bound to be on my list. I love the book and I'm a huge fan of Tolkien. The first two movies have been great, though they do have their faults, as all films do. To me, the cast is superb and Peter Jackson is the only man who could ever adapt this to celluloid. I know I'm not the only who hates hates having to wait an entire year for each movie.




What movies are you guys looking forward to? Do you think I should have added more movies to this list? Maybe less movies? Let me know what you think. I'm always open for suggestions so let me hear them! I promise I'm not mean.



I'm TheCinemaChick and my birthday is coming up.



**All videos from youtube, no copyright infringement or plagiarism intended**

No comments:

Post a Comment