Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Savvy Mate?

Hello, I'm TheCinemaChick and I'm that weird girl you see in every movie you go to.  As you may have noticed, I've gotten terribly behind on my reviews and I apologize for that.  I finally have my motivation back, so I'm actually wanting to work now.

With that said, I bring you Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

First of all, I think At World's End, the third Pirates movie, gave away the plot for this, so do I need to go over it?  Not really but the basic idea is the search for the Fountain of Youth.  This movie also is the first one without Will Turner or Elizabeth Swann, but really, their story ended with the third film.  Instead, we have a missionary named Philip and a mermaid named Syrena.  I'm not going to tell you how that little love affair ends because honestly, I'm not sure how it ended.  It was so ambiguous that I don't know if he died or went to a better place or went back to the missionary.

But yes, this movie is filled with the usual goodness.  Pirates, lots of laughs, adventure, everything we have come to expect from the franchise.  I was pleased to see Keith Richard's reprise his brief role as Jack Sparrow's father, Captain Teagues.  He's in the movie for a whopping two minutes and you already see it in the previews, but it's still gold.

Overall, I loved the movie.  I can't hate anything with Johnny Depp in it.  I'm a huge fan of his and have a hard time saying anything bad about him at all.  I also love Geoffrey Rush.  Put those two in a movie together...I'm a happy critic.  Plus, I am a proud fangirl.  Yes, I said it.  I, TheCinemaChick, am a fangirl of many things, Pirates of the Caribbean being one of them.

By the way, Happy Geek Pride Day!

If you can, see it in 2D.  I saw it in 3D and it did nothing for me.  There was one effect towards the end that was pretty badass, but other than that, nothing.  It wasn't special for me.  I don't care for 3D in general anyway, though I am going to see Thor again, this time in 3D.  While I already know I loved the movie, the CGI stuff made me curious.  I want to experience in in mind boggling 3D.

Well, that's all I have to say.  I loved the new Pirates film, though it did have a LOT of sexual innuendo.  I laughed, I enjoyed it and I ate a pickle.  Yes, I eat pickles during movies.

It's the summer movie season, so my plate is full.  I cannot wait to go out and see Hollywood has to offer us.  And of course, I'll be here to guide you through it.

Well, I'm TheCinemaChick and I love being a critic.  See you again soon, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment