Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Twilight Rant Part 5: Breaking Dawn, Looking Ahead


Hello you lovely reader of blogs!  I’m TheCinemaChick and welcome to the final installment of the Twilight rant!  Kit Kat and I are going to talk about Breaking Dawn as a whole.  We’re looking forward and discussing what we want, what we expect and the things we hope aren’t in the film.  So prepare for…whatever it is we’re preparing for and let’s get this done.  Say “buongorno” Kit Kat. 

I’ll say “hola” to all the people out there, this is Kit Kat. Time for the last round with Twi till the actual part one of the movie comes out. So, how do you wanna go about this one CinemaChick? You wanna start with things we want in the movie or things we don’t want?

I guess we’ll tackle the things we want to see first.  For me, that’ll take about three seconds.  I want to see Emmet in a tuxedo.  What would you like to see Kit Kat?

Well, I too want to see Jasper in a tux. But I’d also want to see how they work with the various scenes they should be covering. Truthfully, I don’t have much hope considering the way the last movies have been going. But I’m curious about the honeymoon.

Yes Kit Kat, let’s discuss the honeymoon.  Since we have read the books we know what happens.  The trailers haven’t exactly been subtle about it either.  Basically, be ready for some good old fashion implied sex.  Lots of it.  I mean, didn’t Bella make it clear that she’s dying to hop in bed with Edward throughout Eclipse?  Plus, these movies are what, PG, PG-13 at most?  How is this going to be covered and not be rated R?  The trailer alone has them in bed with Edward breaking the bed in order to restrain himself from hurting her.  Yeah, that’s going to make parents want to take their kids to see it.

That is what I’m the most curious about. In the second part of the Breaking Dawn movie is supposed to have tons of blood in it. If they even do it remotely like the books I doubt the PG-13 rating would fly. Hopefully, they don’t go overkill and make a horror movie look clean.
In any case, I am curious about the showdown with the Volturi and how Renesme is going to turn out. I know they picked who is playing her but I’m still wondering how it’s going to work out.

What I’ve heard is that we’ll see the birth from Bella’s point of view.  Less blood, less violence and no doubt it won’t have the same effect whatsoever.  
As far as the Volturi showdown goes, I couldn’t care less honestly.  The big scene in Breaking Dawn as such a let down in the book.  I wanted some epic fighting and some pretty cool powers, but what I got was a conversation followed by a happily ever after ending.
And lets tackle one huge problem we’re going to have in translation.  Breaking Dawn is told from both Bella and Jacob’s points of view.  Not to mention, Jacob runs off at the end of Eclipse (the book says this) and returns in time for her wedding.  So uh…how’s that going to work?

Maybe they will actually go at it like the book does. That everyone will find out Bella’s pregnant at the end of the first movie and when the second movie starts up we are following Jacob as he comes over to the Cullen household. Seems the most logical to me anyway.

I have a similar idea.  I think it will mostly cover the honeymoon but the movie will end with the scene from the trailer.  Bella touching her stomach, looking to Edward (or possibly the camera) and saying “I’m pregnant” before cutting to the credits.  I’m calling that now.  I predict that after the wedding, we’re not going to get anything about the Cullens or the werewolves.  It’s just going to be a little fantasy romp through paradise with Bella and Edward for two hours.

Well, let’s go to the part that’s longer for you. Things we don’t want to see.

You mean the whole movie?

*Laughs* Well I know that’s how you feel. But I just hope things aren’t as bad as I’m thinking they might be.

I’m just apprehensive.  The entire series is so bland and mediocre and usually when it gets to the last one, it should be amazing and satisfying and leave you wanting more.  Breaking Dawn didn’t do any of that for me.  It left me angry that no matter how stupid Bella is or how many times she put herself in danger or even how many people she hurt, she got exactly what she wanted.  There were no consequences to her actions.  She got Edward, she was turned and she has a family.  

Yes, I’m in a sad agreement here. I want something great, that has that moment where it was all worth it. That everything that led up to that point comes together and you feel a sense of being complete. Thus far, I feel like I could do a better job at directing the movie than everyone who has had a hand it in this far.

I know the second part of the book brings us new vampires from all over the world, but I’m also pretty sure that the movie will gloss over that and spend yet more time on Bella and Edward.  It’s disappointing but let’s face it.  No one wants to see Breaking Dawn for all the potential cool stuff that the book offered.  They pretty much only want to see it for Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart.  I really don’t want to go all psycho critic on a movie I haven’t seen but trust me, I will if I need to.  
However, I’m mellow and I’ll have more to say in a moment.

Well, the majority of the world wants those two. We aren’t in the majority.

Don’t get me wrong, by no means do I hate the actors.  I can’t stand the series.  I loved Robert Pattinson in Water for Elephants and I’ve see a horror movie Jackson Rathbone was in.  Granted, I wasn’t able to eat for days after watching it.  I would see the actors in other films and I would enjoy that.  I think Nikki Reed has potential to achieve greatness.  Ashley Greene would probably do well as a quirky friend in a romantic comedy.  Kellan Lutz…oh Kellan Lutz.  I seriously see great things for the actors, I just wish they weren’t now officially branded “Twilight stars”.  It’s going to be hard for them to shed this image, no matter what they do.  Poor Jackson will always be Jasper now, despite being an accomplished musician.

I fear the same thing for all of them. I can only hope each of these individuals will hit it big some other way and they can make a new name for themselves outside of Twilight. I know that I’m certainly going to see every movie the Jackson Rathbone is in in the future.

Same for me and Kellan Lutz.  I’m already planning to see The Immortals when it comes out.  As for Jackson Rathbone…well, if he does another Last Airbender movie, I won’t see it.  The first one was bad enough.
And to be honest, I prefer these people away from their Twilight personas with the exception of Kristen Stewart.  She’s just so off putting and…awkward.  I cannot for the life of me understand her appeal.

Well, I think that’s about all I have to say. There’s nothing further till I see the movie if I want to see it when it does come out.

Seeing as we have gone way off topic, I agree with Kit Kat.  Well, let’s say our good nights and be on our merry way.

This is Kit Kat, no movie is too good or bad for a movie review.

And I’m TheCinemaChick saying, we got so off topic it’s ridiculous.  

No comments:

Post a Comment