Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bridesmaids...Really?

Hello, I'm TheCinemaChick and today I'm going to talk about Bridesmaids.  I didn't have much of a desire to see this movie and after seeing it, I understand why.  If you've seen either of the Hangover movies, you've seen this all female version.

I pretty much hated it.  I only saw it because there was nothing else to see at my local theater.  That's right, I have seen everything out there, which if you think about it, is pretty sad.  I know I have no life whatsoever, but knowing that I've seen every movie at the theater...really makes me seem pathetic.  Well, I mean, I know I am but that's beside the point.

The first scene of the film was sex.  There actually wasn't a lot of sex but to open with it was a little crude.  After that, things didn't really improve much.  Granted it was nowhere near the degree that The Hangover was, but I guess when it's women doing the same thing, it's somehow worse.  Yeah, I know, men and women belch and fart and get sick, but it doesn't need to be shown to us on the big screen.  Not to mention, that stuff is disgusting!  I hate throwing up as much as the next person, so why the hell would I want to see it?

Even the plot was mediocre.  It was like any other romantic comedy out there.  Two best friends, one's getting married and the other's life isn't going so well.  They get in a fight, they stop speaking for a while then everything comes together.  Everything turns out perfect for everyone.

Let me rant for a moment.  Nothing ever turns out great.  Life doesn't end up as you want it.  Things go wrong and when you lose the guy, you won't always win him back.  You don't get everything.  You're going to have times that suck and times that are awesome.
Well, unless you live my life.  My life pretty much sucks but I'm not going to bore you on how much my world sucks.

In short, don't bother with Bridesmaids.  It's just crass, full of bad language and I personally found it boring.  There were very few moments where I found something genuinely funny.  Overall, it's just a worse version of The Hangover.  I don't see the appeal of movies like these, but they seem to be pretty popular lately.  Bridesmaids did really well, as have both Hangover movies.  I really don't understand why someone would want to see a movie with such crude humor.

On a personal note, I think I may be ending this blog.  My personal life is complicated and I have some things I need to work out.  I'm pretty sure almost no one reads this anyway.

Well...I'm TheCinemaChick...have a pleasurable movie going experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment