Sunday, July 10, 2011

How Many Times Will I Say Tom Hanks in a Single Blog?

Hello everyone, I'm TheCinemaChick and I inhabit movie theaters.  If you see me, I'm probably staring at you as you pass by me...not really.

Yesterday, Butterfly and I saw the new Tom Hanks movie, Larry Crowne.  I'm going to say that name a lot, so let's make a tally of how many times I mention Tom Hanks in this blog alone.  Including the title, we're up to four.  If you're wondering why I'll be saying his name so much, it's because this man seemed to do everything.  Let me prove it.
Director: Tom Hanks
Writer: Tom Hanks and Nia Vardalos (more on that later)
Lead actor: Tom Hanks
Producer: Tom Hanks

Have I proven my point yet?  If not, I don't care.  I know what I'm doing so we're moving on.  I was excited to see this and I had high hopes for it.  What I didn't expect was for it to be a bit of a flop, but this cannot compare with Micheal Bay's explosion-fest.  Larry Crowne is actually incredible.  I think people of all ages, mostly college age and older will appreciate it.  It has things that Butterfly and I could laugh at and something for the older folks in the crowd to enjoy.  While the movie turned out to be a romantic comedy, it was one I could actually enjoy.  The love interest is Julia Roberts.  She reminded me of "Bad Teacher", but if that movie had turned out more like this horrible professor character, I would have actually liked it.

I seriously loved this film.  I could laugh, get emotionally involved and I was excited when things went right for them.  It does deal with a lot of things the average person could relate to, such as losing a job, unemployment and returning to college at an older age.  I'm not a fan of Tom Hanks normally, but I could learn to love him after seeing this film.  I even liked Julia Roberts, who I'm also not a major fan of because lets face it, she is Queen of the romantic comedies.  Try as they might, no one will ever measure up to her.

I know we're deep in the summer movie season, but Larry Crowne is one worth checking out.  I also know this movie won't climb higher in the ratings because July 15 is an important day.  The final installment of the Harry Potter series is coming out so billions of people are going to flock to the theater to see it.  I'm going to a week long event at a theater a few miles out of my way and plan to cosplay on Thursday for the midnight showing.  I convinced Butterfly and Fry to dress up with me, so this is going to be interesting.  I will be Bellatrix Lestrange, Fry will be Hermione (by the way, in case you didn't know, Fry is a girl) and Butterfly will be Sirius Black.  I know, the irony of that, but I will not kill Butterfly.  He is still of use to me.

I do plan to blog about every night and if I can swing it, I plan to get a camera and start vlogging soon.  I have a plan, you see.  Oh and to make it an even ten, Tom Hanks.  I'm pretty into this site of reviewers and I'm hoping to join them soon as a new release movie reviewer.  The thing is, they are vloggers and I am a mere blogger.  I'm hoping in two years to be a part of the site, but alas, I have other things going on.  I don't discuss my personal matters because honestly, I do not believe in asking for help.  Tom Hanks didn't in Larry Crowne, he worked out his own problems and so shall I.

I'm excited about Harry Potter week.  I'm excited to have things go my way for a change, I hope.

Stay tuned for the "Obligatory Future Blog", where I discuss upcoming projects, possible additions to my crew, possible deletions from the crew and things I have in mind for later.  One of them is to become a vlogger, as you've noted.  Maybe Tom Hanks will read my blog.

Well, I'm TheCinemaChick and if you've been counting, I said Tom Hanks 13 times in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment