Friday, July 15, 2011

Time for another Harry Potter blog!

Hello, I'm TheCinemaChick and I suffer for my art.  I kid you not guys, I seriously do suffer for all this.  Last night, Fry and I attended the midnight premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.  We did dress up in costumes, though I did not get any pictures because someone forgot to put batteries in her camera.  Thanks Fry.  On a good note, I did use my phone to get a few quick pics with some of the others.  One person dressed up as Fluffy, meaning he had on all black, painted his face and had two black dogs glued to each shoulder.  I went as Bellatrix Lestrange (sort of) while Fry was Hermione.  She didn't really get into character, so no one knew who she dressed as.

Here's where the suffering started.  I went to get my pass punched so I could get my ticket in and another Bellatrix flies by me and nearly knocks me over.  We got decent seats but they were still a little uncomfortable, so that sucked.  Later, I got knocked over by some punk while going to get something for Fry and twisted my knee.

So yes, I suffered, but I will still bring you my review.

Also, Butterfly meant to be with us, but sadly, he has hurt himself so he could not attend.  I promise him that I will see this film with him when he gets better.

First off, I seriously did try to keep an unbiased opinion on this, but it was hard to do.  I've been a fan since 1998, when I began reading the books, so this was a huge thing for me.  I was PSYCHED to watch it after so much anticipation. I knew what to expect, but I'd also read someone else's review and he'd hated it.  Feeling a little discouraged and overall nervous, I went in hoping it wouldn't disappoint.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is the first and probably only movie I will say that you should go see at full price and in 3D.  I will give it one of my highest ratings ever, giving it a 4.75 stars out of 5.

That's how much I loved it.

I do not believe in spoilers, so I won't go into detail, but I seriously loved it.  The effects were great, the action was intense and there wasn't a single moment where I didn't feel something.  I was excited, nervous, afraid and happy when everything came out happy.  There is a sense of satisfaction and conclusion that I really wanted.  They even have the epilogue at the end, sorry if that is seen as a spoiler.

I will say this though, I cried for a good solid 20 minutes.  Snape dies, a Weasley twin dies, lots of people die and it all happens so fast that you don't get time to recover from each thing.  And it's all filmed so well that you can't help but cry.  When Harry saw Snape's memories, I cried again because it was just so touching.  It's like an emotional punch in the chest.  Seriously, if you don't feel something during that, you have the heart of a rock.  Even Fry got a little choked up and she has gone on record saying Severus Snape isn't her favorite character.  I on the other hand, hoped the black mascara I had on wasn't running down my cheeks.  I did get a little teary eyed at the end when Neville makes a very heroic speech, but that was it.

I did have a few little problems, but they are so minor that I won't even mention them.  I enjoyed the movie, loved the atmosphere and had an awesome time overall.  While it is slightly depressing to see this series say its final farewell, I will be a fan for life.  Some time in the future, I will read it to my children in the hopes they do the same for theirs.

Oh, and Tom Felton's (Draco Malfoy) stunt double was at my midnight showing.  He's super nice and has a lovely accent.  I got a hug from him and a picture.

Well, I'm TheCinemaChick and I think Fry and Butterfly are planning on kidnapping me and forcing me to see Breaking Dawn.  Save me...

And go out and see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2!  You will not regret it and if you do, I will personally call you and apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment